cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Branding Extension

Is it possible to change the Color Palette for charts using the Branding Extension by Brian Munz?

5 Replies
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

Which charts do you mean?  Changing the colors on a bar chart, for example isn't possible through any means except in QlikView.  This is because QlikView does all of the work itself and displays an image of a bar chart. 

avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

That is correct, on a bar chart. I feared, that was going to be the answer. It would be nice if we could change those 16 colors using the branding extension.

Can we instead set values for variables and those variables be instead used for colors in the charts?

Nicole-Smith

Sure you can:

avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

yes, I am aware of that capability, but was looking to see if it were possible to set the variable values orthe color rgb() in a document extension this way branding can be set via an extension as opposed to maintaining the variables in an excel file for instance and needlessly clogging up the Variable Overview.

Nicole-Smith

I don't know anything about the specific extension you're talking about, but you can set variables in an extension using the doc.SetVariable() function.  So if there isn't any code in there for that right now, you could write some in order to do so.