Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV mind share is 2 % what does it mean ?

Hi All

i have read the below blog post about mind share of QV competitor. i think it is preference brand or brand preference.

Mindshare | Data Visualization

it mentioned QV only 2 % , which is very low compare to SAS. ( But then QV is very popular , how can their score so low ? )

Hope some one understand this can share with me what it mind share all about ?

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

The author defined mind share as

"we will measure it by number of people mentioning a BI tools (known to them) as part of their LinkedIn profile and professional skillset."

I assume the number is set in relation to the total number of people mentioning any BI tool of the mentioned set of tools.

Please note that the referenced blog post seems to be dated Nov 2010.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

The author defined mind share as

"we will measure it by number of people mentioning a BI tools (known to them) as part of their LinkedIn profile and professional skillset."

I assume the number is set in relation to the total number of people mentioning any BI tool of the mentioned set of tools.

Not applicable
Author

swuehl wrote:

Stefan makes a good point. QlikTech as a company has grown 30%-40% year on year since then. The number of employees has nearly tripled due to this success. The mind share is bound to be much much higher now.

Not applicable
Author

Hi KPI

May be QV only capture 2 % of the total market share.  So it still have very big potential for QV go grow.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kai

Sorry i spell your name wrong.

By the way do you have the information on the correct mind share of QV now ?

i mean i want to know out of 100 company , how many company are using D.V software ? it is more then 50% and balance using SPSS SAS ???

Paul