Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression / Formula Help!

Hi

I've loaded data into QV using cross table (in case this makes a difference) I have year as a dimension and have a poivot table showing both years side by side.

The expression for the data is sum(Data) but I wanted to show a growth% for the different products as per below.  As Year is one dimension I'm stuck as how to do this?

ProductsYear20122013Growth %
Product a100       110
Product b100        105

Can anyone help?

7 Replies
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

can you share the app

Not applicable
Author

How do I add the file?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Add a reply but edit the text in the advanced editor. Below the editing frame on the right, there is a link to Add an attachment to your message.

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hasnain

When replying, make sure you are in the Advanced Editor by clicking use advanced editor, top right of Reply Box.

Then click Attach in bottom right

Best Regards,     Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Something like this:

if(SecondaryDimensionality()>0,

money(sum(Data)),

num((sum({<Year={2013}>} Data)-sum({<Year={2012}>} Data))/sum({<Year={2012}>} Data),'###.#0%')

)

In Number tab, use Expression Defaul.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks all.  I've created a simplififed application to illustrate the issue, see attached both the application and the spreadsheet I've used to load data into it (via cross table hence the issue).  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hasnain

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw. Your sample had data for only one year so I used month instead. The principle is the same though.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand