Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

setting calender objects based on chart selection

Hi,

I have a chart object and two calender objects.

User will select start and end date from calender objects and chart will display data in date between start and end inclusive.

But the problem I'm facing is whenever user selects a portion of chart(zooms), Starting and end points of chart will change. So I have to change the calender objects to reflect this.

I don't think there is any event that gets triggered when a portion of chart is selected(zoomed or dragged on chart). So how do I change the calender objects correspondingly.

Thanks,

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes no event gets triggered but  when a user select something or drag select something

In back ground data model gets refreshed , which in turn gets your calendar variable vstart and vend gets

a specfic range of value and therefore that dates gets selected automatically.

anant

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Clicking in the chart will select values in fields. These select actions trigger the OnSelect field triggers. You can assing actions to these field triggers to change the values in the variables of the calendar objects. You can find the triggers on the Triggers tab of the document properties window. If you click on the Add Action(s)... button after selecting a field you can add actions. The Set Variable action can be found among the External action types.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
jvishnuram
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Kavi,

Find the attachment., hope it will helps you., one thing you should demonstrate to your customer is don't use the in-build clear selection in the toolbar, instead use the manipulated clear selection.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vishnu,

Thanks for reply.

How are you taking fromdate and todate in this??

jvishnuram
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Kavi,

Fromdate is minimum of the date and todate is maximum of the date.