Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart with 2 Y axis - X axis in unexpected position

Hi All,

I've created a combo chart to show absolute values in bars and percentage change as a line. Two separate Y axes - one for the absolute and one for the percentage. Percentage can be negative as well as positive, absolutes positive only in the range of 0 - 500,000.

When the chart is displayed the absolute values axis is very compressed at the top of the chart, moving the X axis right up:

Chart example.png

(I know it's not in the image above, but there is an axis of the right of 0 at the X to 100% at the bottom right, in 20% increments),

Is there anyway of forcing the X-axis to be at the centre of the chart so that the absoulute values are more readable?

Thanks,

Rory.

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You can set a static min and max for each expression. Set the static max for your bar chart expression to be higher. You can either use a static value, or an expression such as =max(myvalue) + 1000

2014-01-02_13h26_46.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kai,

Thanks for the suggestion, but all that did was change the y-axis values above the X-axis. It didn't move the x-axis down towards the centre of the chart at all.

Thanks,

Rory.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Rory

I guess that on your Chart Axes tab you have the Split Axis selected.

Just below this is the Primary %, have you tried adjusting this ?

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

I just tried it with some test data and it looks fine. Can you compare your solution with mine to see where the difference is? See qvw attached.

2014-01-02_14h09_58.png

Not applicable
Author

btw I get the same result if I use very large numbers up to 500,000

2014-01-02_14h15_25.png

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Kai,

I can reproduce this when using a mixed sign value range for one expression.

Check attached.

Not applicable
Author

OK.... so I attached my laptop to a projector and it then fixed itself. Not sure if it was just a display bug or a dashboard refresh issue. Very strange.

So anyway, fixed now, but thank you for the suggestions everyone!

Not applicable
Author

Ouch. Looks horrible.

prasannarc_jbs2
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dear Folks,

I am also having the same problem with the Scale when the chart is a showing 2 KPI with two axis.

Currently my chart is looking like this, The scale inside chart becomes illegible for few selections

Query1.0.png

If I use the Static Max property it works good for some of the selections but not for all, Below first screenshot if I deselect forced 0 property for both the expression.

Query.png

Is there any other way to resolve this?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

PRC