Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Qlikview 10 IE Plugin work for QV 11?

Hi everyone,

I have this question since many days. What exactly are Ajax and IE Plugin (can you explain with an example)? Are they a kind of software which enables the users to access the qvw's on access point? What is the real difference between them?  I know that the qvw's with large memory never open in Ajax. Is it so? Why is it so?

We are using QV 10 SR5 now and were starting to upgrade to QV 11 version. So, now will the the IE Plugin of QV 10 work out with version 11?

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Check out this discussion from earlier: http://community.qlik.com/message/443127

Not applicable
Author

Vamshi Tatipelli wrote:

I know that the qvw's with large memory never open in Ajax. Is it so? Why is it so?

No, on the whole that is not true. There may be rare occasions when that is the case but that is normally down to inefficient data models, incorrect hardware sizing, misinterpretation of QlikView's intended purpose, and so on. Things that can be resolved.

Not applicable
Author

Vamshi Tatipelli wrote:

We are using QV 10 SR5 now and were starting to upgrade to QV 11 version. So, now will the the IE Plugin of QV 10 work out with version 11?

Quick answer: yes, it will work

awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator

Hi Vamshi,

In most cases, yes, it will work. However, there's a small chance it might have some unexpected behavior. To fix it, you may need to upgrade your QVPlugin to version 11.

Note: In 1 occasion, I found you even need to uninstall your IE Plugin v10 from "Start > Control Panel > Program & Features" manually first, before installing the IE Plugin v11 from AccessPoint). When this happened the client has QV10SR1 while trying to upgrade to QV11.2SR3.

Cheers,

Anton

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It doesn't make sense to keep old plugin even if it works.  Upgrading is easy, and it ensures that you don't have plugin-related issues.

Regards,

Michael