Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Status "Warning" in Management console

Hi,

my question is largely in the title:

=> In the mgmt_console, I see a yellow triangle-icon and the status "Warning" next to two of the apps.
    When I look at the task_history, the last RELOAD succeeded and produced no errors that I noticed.
    The log of the qvw also shows no errors or other odd things that I notice.

Can someone plz tell me what this warning is about and where I should look for details?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

32 Replies
jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

In the log you find then mostly a warning. I see it often in loop an reduce/distribute tasks. If there are no data for one person then it would not fail, because the other get their documents.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Jonas,

thanks! - But I already looked at the log and searched for the keyword "warning". Didn't find anything, though.

Well, that app is a "superordinate" Dashboard that takes results from several others "below" it. One of those failed. That might be the reason ... there are no LOOPs or such in the app - there is nothing much at all as it is supposed only to display the status results (good/ bad) of the other apps, no charts and stuff.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

the issue is appearing every day now - strangely, it is with another app every day 😉

Can anyone give me a hint where to look for the core_reason for this?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

fabrice_lawson
Former Employee
Former Employee

could you send a screenshot of the task chain?

I mean if you have dependencies, tasks that will run based on other tasks and with conditions, you will need to look at the logs of each task in the task chain

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Are you sure you cant find any warning in the log file in QMC? As Jonas mentioned this is most likely caused when there is not data for a recipient or you are trying to distribute to someone that doesn't exist for example if you are looping through a field containing recipients and one or more recipients are nor present in your Directory (AD).

A warning is not necessarily something bad but is of course something you need to be aware of.

What level of logging do you have activated?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Nils,

where can I see what level of logging we have? I guess it's intermediate.

I'm quite sure there is nothing in the logs - well, I searched for the keywords "error" and "warning" and that didn't return anything.

I have no loop_and_distribute tasks anywhere. The data is not supposed to be distributed, all the apps are on a server which the individual team_computers can access.

Moreover, I find it very strange that this status jumps from day to day - yesterday, it was with one app, today it's with another and I'm sure tomorrow will be a different one again ...

@ Fabrice

Well, our apps are automatically reloaded once or several times a day, part of them in a tree-like structure - the reloading of one is triggered by the finished reloading of another - but that all seems fine. All the apps reloaded successfully.

P.S.:

I have found the logging_setting under "System -> Setup" - it was set to "Normal", I have set it to "Debug logging" for now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If you have publisher you the log level is set on the general tab of the distribution engine (System --> Setup --> Distribution Services --> General) and for the server the log level is found under System --> Setup --> QlikView Servers --> Logging.

Probably a stupid question but what log files are you looking at?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Nils,

I am looking at both

- the log files in the "Task History" in the Mgmt_console and

- the log files generated by the individual apps.

We have no Publisher installed, just the SBE (QlikView_Server).

Best regards,

DataNibbler

fabrice_lawson
Former Employee
Former Employee

Could you share the tasklog.txt from the task with the warning? C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log

There is probably a warning somewhere.

Before sending the log if you want you can go to C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service and edit the config file

QVDistributionService.exe.config;

locate;

<!-- ************ Extended Logging ************ -->

<!-- Setting this key to true will enable logging of memory usage and stack trace on "Error" logging -->

<add key="DebugLog" value="false" />

this value is = to false by default however you can change it to true as per

<!-- ************ Extended Logging ************ -->

<!-- Setting this key to true will enable logging of memory usage and stack trace on "Error" logging -->

<add key="DebugLog" value="true" />

and after this manipulation, send the tasklog.txt for the task with warning.