Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ampersand and text wrapping in webview

When in webview, a tablebox with text wrapping will drop the text after an ampersand, but the text is intact if there's a space after the ampersand...

On the other hand, without text wrapping, everything looks fine.

What would be a possible solution, if modifying the field values is not an option?

Please see the attached document in webview mode for an example.

Running on QV 11 SR1, IE 8.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: skarpusenka. *Attached an example

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Think you may have forgotten to attach said document.

Not applicable
Author

oops, thought i did. I just editted the original post.

thanks

Not applicable
Author

Still not sure I follow, the data in the wrapping table in your example matches the no wrapping table.  The only difference is the table with wrapping has larger cells because you have a height of 2 lines selected for the wrapping.  Is there something I am missing?

Not applicable
Author

Have you viewed it in webview? This problem is specifically for webview, regular QV client displays it as expected.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I do have web view turned on as you can see in the attached screenshot.SCREENSHOT.JPG.jpg

Not applicable
Author

i see... this is very strange. Here is what i'm seeing in webview (i suppose i should have attached a screenshot right away).

webview_text_wrapping_ampersand.JPG
I'm not sure why we are seeing different behavior.

Not applicable
Author

Only thing I can think is I am running QV 11 SR2, maybe this was a bug that was fixed in SR2? Sorry I couldn't help ya.

Not applicable
Author

that's a possibility.

That's alright, thank you for trying!

rbecher
MVP
MVP

I don't see the issue in v11.2 SR5. So I guess it's fixed.

Astrato.io Head of R&D