Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

IS NOT NULL

Hello my fellow QV enthusiasts.  I have been searching online and in these forums for an answer to this question, but so far there is not a satisfactory answer.  I have a SQL statement with IS NOT NULL in it.  All I want to know is how to replicate this in QlikView.

IIf(data_ASN.HAWB Is Not Null And ([Department]="Air" Or [Department]="AIM"),incoterms_3.RL_paid,IIf([Department]="Ocean" Or [Department]="MIM","Y","N")) AS RL_paid,

I've noticed that a lot of others are unsure of what to do in this situation.  When answering, please be as clear as possible because this discussion will probably get a lot of traffic.  Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi

in QV NOT IS NULL is   NOT IsNull(FieldName)

However, it sometimes has a strange behaviour, so you can test len(trim(fieldname)) > 0

best regards

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Nicole-Smith

If(data_ASN.HAWB <> Null() And ([Department]="Air" Or [Department]="AIM"),incoterms_3.RL_paid,If([Department]="Ocean" Or [Department]="MIM","Y","N")) AS RL_paid,

or

If(len(data_ASN.HAWB)>0 And ([Department]="Air" Or [Department]="AIM"),incoterms_3.RL_paid,If([Department]="Ocean" Or [Department]="MIM","Y","N")) AS RL_paid,

Not applicable
Author

Hi

in QV NOT IS NULL is   NOT IsNull(FieldName)

However, it sometimes has a strange behaviour, so you can test len(trim(fieldname)) > 0

best regards

Chris