Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating a trailing 52 week chart

Hi

I'm trying to create a chart which shows the trailing 52 week total for a variable (in this example Sales).  Basically, on the chart below, the value for weekname 2004/01 is the sum of that week's sales plus the previous 51 weeks' sales, for 2013/52 it is the sum of that week and the previous 51 weeks sales.  I also want to restrict the view to the last 26 weeknames.  The attached spreadsheet gives an example of the data and the graph I'm trying to create.

t52w chart.PNG.png

I have tried using the formula:   Rangesum(Above(Total sum(Sales),0,52))  which works fine until I apply the dimension limit of using the first 26 values!  I've mucked around with various options, but have now hit a brick wall.

All ideas & help greatly appreciated!

thanks

Richard

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

In QV, we can set it to display a scroll bar, but default it to display the last 26 values:

This will accumulate it correctly, while still only showing the last 26 values on default (giving the user the ability to go back further in time if they so wish).  See the attached for full example.

If you don't want to go this route, I believe you will need to calculate the rolling average in your load script instead of in the chart itself.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Nicole-Smith

In QV, we can set it to display a scroll bar, but default it to display the last 26 values:

This will accumulate it correctly, while still only showing the last 26 values on default (giving the user the ability to go back further in time if they so wish).  See the attached for full example.

If you don't want to go this route, I believe you will need to calculate the rolling average in your load script instead of in the chart itself.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Nicole.

Sorted!