Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview server won't load a document with Section Access

Hi - We are relatively new to QlikView. After a few months evaluating and prototyping, we are trying to load an application using QlikView server within IIS. We have the Small Business Edition (v11) without Publisher and are using Active Directory authentication.

This all works very well, so long as we don't have Section Access and a hidden script. Obviously we would like to take advantage of data restriction techniques. These work fine on the desktop without NTNAME, but with named users (using USER and PASSWORD).

Before we externalise the security tables / files for scripting, we are testing Section Access using inline tables on the Server. Whenever we do this, it fails with the following message:

"the document might require username and password"

We have done the following:

- Created a task to reload the document, and assigned the administrator user (called 'jdeadmin') to it

- We have tried ourdomain\jdeadmin, with actual password, the same user in upper case, a combination with the password of the hidden script, with and without domain.

- I have added the user to the Section Access as follows:

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME, COMPGROUP

ADMIN, OURDOMAIN\JDEADMIN

ADMIN, OURDOMAIN\IANS

USER, OURDOMAIN\YVONNEP, DIRECT

];

I don't want to name a user and password, we would like to stick with NTNAME.

Is there anything obvious we are doing wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Ian

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Were you guys able to solve this. Ii am facing exactly same issue and would appreciate if you can please share. Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

I had this same problem and finally came to the realization that you must turn off Internet Explorer Enhanced Security on the server. I know it sounds like there is no way this is the fix; however it absolutely is. Also make sure your Qlikview server service user is a member of the Qlikview Management API group.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Bill,

I inserted the service account which is running the "QV Distribution Service" in section access as an ADMIN. It's a local administrator user on the server machine, so I defined the section access table as follows:

qv_server_section_access.JPG

Unfortunately the job is still failing (log says: Error: Document open call failed. The document might require username and password).

So what am I doing wrong?

Cheers

Simon