Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Launch Action - mstsc

Hi,

I have created a new Launch action with the application mstsc which opens a new Remote Desktop session as soon as I click on the Text Object.  In the Parameters section, if I enter /v:servername when I click the Text Object it opens up a Remote Desktop Session with the server name.  However what I want it to do is take it from the field name network_path:  ie: If I select my criteria and in the Text Object is the server transformfs, I want it to connect to transformfs.

I have tried /:v=network_path, but I get an error.  Does anyone have any suggestions at all?

Regards,

Jon Ditchfield

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

First create the Variable

Let vNP = network_path. This field must contain only one value other wise you may get null value.

Then use the Variable in the action

/v:$(vNP)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

First create the Variable

Let vNP = network_path. This field must contain only one value other wise you may get null value.

Then use the Variable in the action

/v:$(vNP)

Not applicable
Author

Got it working by entering the following in the Parameters on Launch  = '/v:' &vNP

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi Johnathon,

I used Launch and added the mstsc.exe

2014-01-09_0835.png

I was wondering, this opens up the RDC, but I want to log onto another site by clicking a button in Qlikview, any tips on how to do it. Could I create a.bat file and just launch that from within Qlikview?

Regards

Alan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alan,

Firstly in my load script which takes data from SQL, there is a table called Server with a field called Network_Path (which is my UNC Path). I then created a variable in Qlikview and called it vNP with the value of =Network_Path.  I then created a standard text object with the text of =Network_Path (to show the network path), and created a Launch Action with the following parameters:

Application:  =('C:\WINDOWS\system32\mstsc.exe') //This is the directory of Remote Desktop

Parameters: =vNP //This entered the parameters as the =Network_Path, so it will contect to Remote Desktop with whatever value is in the =Networth_Path

Regards,

Jon

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Thanks Jonathon,

I have it working by just launching RDP's already created

Thanks

Regards

Alan