Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scatter chart legend disappears

Hello QlikView professionals,

I have attached a qvw-file containing a simple example of a Scatter chart containing 2 dimensions (one of them is a cycling group) and 3 expressions.

The dimensions (especially the cycling group) shall be used as legend, the expressions shall NOT.

Now, whenever I add a 4th expression (e.g. to provide a custom pop-up label) my legend disappears completely!

You can reproduce this in the example qvw: if you select the chart and go into Properties->Expressions and set the 4th expression ("Pop-up") to "Enable", the Legend will disappear.

If you remove the check in "Enable" for this expression, the legend will show up again.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Andreas

5 Replies
Nicole-Smith

If you un-check "Advanced Mode", you'll see that you're only able to have 3 expressions:

Not applicable
Author

http://community.qlik.com/message/449647

Nicole,

you are absolutely right, the Scatter Chart needs 2 or 3 expression for its functionality.

But it actually can have more expressions for special purposes (e.g. a custom pop-up).

Please have a look at the following discussion "Custom popup label on Scatter Chart" (see link).

Regards

Andreas

Nicole-Smith

It seems to be a combination of the 2 dimensions with the 4 expressions.  If you disable your fourth expression (the pop up one) the legend shows, or if you enable your pop up expression and remove one of the dimensions it also works.  I don't know if this is a bug or if QlikView just doesn't allow >1 dimensions with >3 expressions.  Sorry I can't be of more help, but good luck!

Not applicable
Author

Nicole,

this is great, actually I have not been aware, that the legend appears again when I reduce the number of dimensions to 1!

In "real live" I was working with Scatter charts even having more than 2 dimensions.

I still consider this behavior as a bug (as there is no reason for a limit to one dimension), but this gives me a starting point for further investigation to work around this issue.

Thanks

Andreas

Not applicable
Author

Hi - I'm running into the same issue - were you able to find a solution?

Many thanks!