Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Status "Warning" in Management console

Hi,

my question is largely in the title:

=> In the mgmt_console, I see a yellow triangle-icon and the status "Warning" next to two of the apps.
    When I look at the task_history, the last RELOAD succeeded and produced no errors that I noticed.
    The log of the qvw also shows no errors or other odd things that I notice.

Can someone plz tell me what this warning is about and where I should look for details?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

32 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Fabrice,

that is indeed very helpful. I will do that.

Today, the problem did not appear - yet. All the reload_tasks are green. As soon as the issue occurs again, however, I will send you the tasklog for the respective app.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Fabrice,

I have just written an email to our IT_guys asking them to do these changes in the configuration file - QlikView_Server is installed on our server, so that's where that will have to be done, no?

Can you tell me whether that will have any significant influence on the resource_usage of QlikView in general - for that's one question that they will be sure to shoot back at me ...

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

fabrice_lawson
Former Employee
Former Employee

no this should affect the performance of the server, however on disk the log will be slightly bigger. we are not talking about Gigs, only couple Mbs

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Fabrice,

two more question that the IT_guys asked me:

- Will the QlikView_server or anything have to be restarted for these edits to take effect?

- For how long would we have to collect that detailed logging data?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

fabrice_lawson
Former Employee
Former Employee

no, no server restart is required.. neither needed for the physical machine nor for any of the QlikView services

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Fabrice,

today, I see that status again...

I'll have those extended logging_functions activated now - it's a bit difficult because QlikView is not actually supported by our corporate IT, but our IT_guys who are subordinate to corporate_IT, not really to us, are the only ones who can access files on the server 😉

Then I'll hope that we will have the same issue tomorrow and if so, I can send you the extended log_file tomorrow.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: Where is that tasklog.txt located, please?

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

you will find it here:C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log\20140114, then find your reload for your application.

//Staffan

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

now we have a mayor problem: After the IT_guys did these changes in that configuration file, the QlikView_Distribution_Service cannot be started anymore and the QlikView_expert at the support helpdesk is out sick today.

fabrice_lawson
Former Employee
Former Employee

have you backed up the config file

QVDistributionService.exe.config; you mean the changes in this file right?

do you have a case ID with the support?

fabrice_lawson
Former Employee
Former Employee

it seems like the machine is 64 bit , but the QlikView is 32 bit.

can you confirm this?