Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scatter chart legend disappears

Hello QlikView professionals,

I have attached a qvw-file containing a simple example of a Scatter chart containing 2 dimensions (one of them is a cycling group) and 3 expressions.

The dimensions (especially the cycling group) shall be used as legend, the expressions shall NOT.

Now, whenever I add a 4th expression (e.g. to provide a custom pop-up label) my legend disappears completely!

You can reproduce this in the example qvw: if you select the chart and go into Properties->Expressions and set the 4th expression ("Pop-up") to "Enable", the Legend will disappear.

If you remove the check in "Enable" for this expression, the legend will show up again.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Andreas

5 Replies
Nicole-Smith

If you un-check "Advanced Mode", you'll see that you're only able to have 3 expressions:

Not applicable
Author

http://community.qlik.com/message/449647

Nicole,

you are absolutely right, the Scatter Chart needs 2 or 3 expression for its functionality.

But it actually can have more expressions for special purposes (e.g. a custom pop-up).

Please have a look at the following discussion "Custom popup label on Scatter Chart" (see link).

Regards

Andreas

Nicole-Smith

It seems to be a combination of the 2 dimensions with the 4 expressions.  If you disable your fourth expression (the pop up one) the legend shows, or if you enable your pop up expression and remove one of the dimensions it also works.  I don't know if this is a bug or if QlikView just doesn't allow >1 dimensions with >3 expressions.  Sorry I can't be of more help, but good luck!

Not applicable
Author

Nicole,

this is great, actually I have not been aware, that the legend appears again when I reduce the number of dimensions to 1!

In "real live" I was working with Scatter charts even having more than 2 dimensions.

I still consider this behavior as a bug (as there is no reason for a limit to one dimension), but this gives me a starting point for further investigation to work around this issue.

Thanks

Andreas

Not applicable
Author

Hi - I'm running into the same issue - were you able to find a solution?

Many thanks!