Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create a single-access (web Portal) for QVW applications

Hello,

I am trying to know how it is possible to create a portal(Web page) to have a single-access for all applications in an Enterprise Server. My idea is to have an access web page where the users find the links for their applications.

I saw in the QVS Reference Manual that there is a default directory 'C:\Program Files\QlikView\Webpages' where we can put a web page which can be accessed througth the URL 'http://<server>/QlikView/'.

Also, different links can be define with '<a href='showdocument.htm?width=1000&height=700&document=Presidents.qvw'>Presidents</a>'

(Presidents is an example).

I want to know if someone has already done something like this and if what i think is right.

Thanks.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello coulio,

where is the difference between your portal idea and the QV Access Point (V9) ?

Thilo

Not applicable
Author

I am using 8.20 and prefer to use corporate style 'menus' to documents.

Have a look at Examples\QvWebpages\plugin - I think this is the default web site as defined to IIS (see IIS Manager configuration).

There is an asp which automatically generates links for all documents within a defined folder, which might be of use. I dont personally use it as it will publish all documents if you store previous versions / test documents etc in the same path.

Regards,

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answers.

The idea is to have a custom web page where we can define links for applications which are developped. So, can i just developpe a web page including links and put it in the right directory? there are some settings to set-up?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Sure - just check the IIS settings to see what folder is serviced and then you can happily write you own web pages with standard URL links to Qlikview documents.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Did you try it? Did it work? I'm contemplating about similar web page. Any lessons to learn?

Regards,

Kostas Vilimas