Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Status "Warning" in Management console

Hi,

my question is largely in the title:

=> In the mgmt_console, I see a yellow triangle-icon and the status "Warning" next to two of the apps.
    When I look at the task_history, the last RELOAD succeeded and produced no errors that I noticed.
    The log of the qvw also shows no errors or other odd things that I notice.

Can someone plz tell me what this warning is about and where I should look for details?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

32 Replies
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Seems that you are missing the config file

2014-01-15_1420.png

fabrice_lawson
Former Employee
Former Employee

well, you are not missing it, but you need to add that .config at the end of the file Staffan highlighted.

Good catch Staffan!

fabrice_lawson
Former Employee
Former Employee

something like this2014-01-15 14_28_19-Distribution Service.jpg

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Staffan,

seems you're right. I can do nothing myself, though, I can only forward your messages to the IT_guys who, as a rule, are overworked and not available on short notice 😉 There's nothing more I can do.

Thanks a lot, though!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Then tell the IT guys that qlikview is more importent than anything else

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Staffan,

good one 😉 Everyone is telling them that about whatever is his/her problem 😉

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi all,

don't wonder, I've deleted one post inbetween - on the screenshot was some information I was not supposed to share.

It seems there are a nr. of discussions around here by people who have the same problem.

It also seems that our >>> QVDistributionService.exe <<< is damaged. I already asked our external QlikView_expert to send us a new one. That should solve the problem. Let's see.

Since there seem to be others here with the same issue, I'll be back with news in any case.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi all,

that seems to have been the problem - and the solution seems to have been simply to replace it:

=> There is a possibility, though I don't know exactly how, to execute the primary installation_file into a temporary directory like C\Temp

and unpack the >> QVDistributionService.exe << from there.

That's that - the issue seems to be solved.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

fabrice_lawson
Former Employee
Former Employee

so does this mean that you don't get any warnings on your QMC neither?

That's great, thank you for the feedback!

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Yes - no - sure, it all works now 😉

Actually, the idea of getting a new *.exe file out of our own installation package is something we might have thought of earlier - but well, if all people would themselves think of all the solutions that, in the aftermath, seem easy, many things would be a lot faster in this world ... Another Columbus' egg 😉