Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gopalopsharma
Creator
Creator

Drag & Drop dimension on chart (Social business discovery)

Hello All,

We are working on a report where client needs to see a stack bar chart for 5 different fields (in a combination of any 2), e.g. Nature by Product. We wish to create a chart object in left side and a repository kind of object containing all the 5 fields in right side. User will be dragging the field he wishes to select as primary dimension over the chart and the Bar chart will be created, then user will drag and drop one more field as the secondary dimension over the chart to create the Stacked bar chart. Somewhat similar to Social Business Discovery.

Is there any way to implement this?

8 Replies
Nicole-Smith

The best way that I can think of to do this in QlikView is to use two cyclic groups that allow the user to choose what two dimensions they would like to view on the bar chart.  See the attached for an example.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

Another way might be using conditional dimension .

You find an example in the doc on your pc "Whats New in Qlikview 11",  tab Report 

or here

Qlik Demos: See QlikView in Action | Demo.Qlik.Com

Regards

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

Anyway, there is no build-in drag & drop functionality in QlikView to use in that way.

There are some examples of ad-hoc reporting in QlikView, you can search.

Usually the simple solution provided above is suitable and enough.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Take a look at the "Reports" tab of the "What's new with QV11" in the examples that install with the product.

-Rob

gopalopsharma
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks you all for your response,

Currently we are using the same method (conditional dimensions).

I just wished to create some more interactive and fancy stuff.

I also came across that there is some add-on which can make our front end more interactive. I will keep updating if find something new

Thanks again.

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Check the community with keyword "chart maker pro" or "Chartmaker" . There is an sample Qlikview file which might be helpful.

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Attached the ppt version which i have downloaded form community

gopalopsharma
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Brindlogcool for sharing the information,

I once went thorough this ppt, in my reply above I mentioned about this (Add on) but forgot the name.

I will try to use it and share the result with community.

Thanks again..