cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rolandstadler
Partner - Contributor III

Qv-User-Manager: Error "Document folder access rights are required!"

To maintain license cost allocation in our company, I need to retrieve the license information from the QlikView server.

The Qv-User-Manager from PowerTools 1.1 seems to do exactly that. It works in principle, howerver I cannot extract certain information, e.g. Doc CAL info.

In the resulting text file "cal.csv" of the example QVW application, all Named User CALs are listed. After that, all Doc CALs should be listet, but I only get the error "System.Exception: Document folder access rights are required!" on the last line.

The user that runs the command has every privilege there is, I even tried to run it using the QlikView service user.

Has anyone experienced similar issues?

Thanks for your support!

Roland

4 Replies
rolandstadler
Author

Anyone has an idea, what exact permissions the executing user needs to have to get the "Document folder access rights?"

bknol

Hi Roland,

I am using the QMS API to allocate document CAL's on a document. I can extract how many CAL's are allocated but when changing the number of CAL's allocated and trying to save the document meta data I get the following error:

"System.Exception: Document folder access rights are required!".

The user that to communicates with QMS is a member of QlikView Management API and QlikView Administrators group.

Did you manage to solve this?

Bas

rolandstadler
Author

Hi Bas,

no, unfortunately we were not able to set up the export in a stable way. Let me know, if you find something, ok?

Kind regards,

Roland

dirk_konings
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

I do this in a CMD and call it from the 'External Tasks' of QMC

"D:\QlikView Installation Files\QVSCALManager-CommandLine-QVS_11\QVSCALManager.exe" -server servername -output "D:\Qlikview Storage\Build\Datasources\Intea" -CALS

"D:\QlikView Installation Files\QVSCALManager-CommandLine-QVS_11\QVSCALManager.exe" -server servername -output "D:\Qlikview Storage\Build\Datasources\Intea" -DOCUMENTS

Could this help you ?

Dirk