Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Publishing Reduced Docs to External Server

Hello Folks,

I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

We have an internal environment on domain A handling a couple of documents, and we have publisher set up to reload automatically. We've recently bought a new server on domain B that we will use for our external clients to hit in order to access their data. We would like Publisher on domain A to reduce and distribute documents to the QVS on Domain B based on the clients Id.

Do I need to install Publisher on both machines? I wouldn't think I'd need to, but I'm not sure how the domainA\user would have rights to send files to domain b.

Any help is appreciated.

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Rob,

I dont think you need the publisher on the domain B as you are not modifying anything over that,You have to have server installed on domain B with the IIS or some other web services to display the applications on the web.

Not applicable
Author

Server is installed on Domain B, along with IIS. I'm able to 'Open In Server' from Domain A to Domain B. But I'm not able to create an Execution Service that "see's" domain B. When I set up the Execution Service to point to the Domain B server, I get the error "No contact on this web address".

Is there a piece that I'm missing?