Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access point showing no server message?

Hi All,

I have deployed qlikview server for my client. It is hosted using IIS. It was working fine for two years.Last week, all of a sudden the access point started showing no server message. I have checked that all services are running fine. I have also checked the IIS and no application is stopped. The Qlikview site is also running so there is nothing that seems unusual. Can someone please tell me what could be wrong with my server.

P.S: Our license can stop working anytime this month so does it have anything to do with the license expiry? I cannot see any license expiry message on the server though

Arif

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If the license for Qlikview Server expires then the QVS service will go offline. It sounds like this is what happened on your site. You should be able to check in the QMC if the license for Qlikview Server is still active.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for the quick reply. I checked the qlikview server license but I cannot see if it is active or inactive. I can see the content of LEF file but I cannot see any info that says whether it is active or expired or when will it expire etc

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In QMC, is the QVS service listed as Unlicensed or just Running? (see second tab "Services" in Status)

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am seeing the following message

The service is running without any reported problems

Arif

Not applicable
Author

You may find that one of the services is down such as QVS, DSC. Occasionally services show running but they actually aren't running correctly or a port change has been made preventing access.

Hope it helps ?

Thanks Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There should be a row in the LEF that says something like this.

TIMELIMIT;VALUE;;2013-06-30

Not applicable
Author

so where can I actually see if the services are practically running or not? I checked it in windows service and all qv related services seem to be running

qmc1.PNG.png

qmc2.PNG.png

qmc3.PNG.png

LEF file is showing this

DISABLE_DMS;YES;;

FORCE_AUTHENTICATION;YES;;

NAMED_CAL_BY_MACHINE_ID;NO;;

NUMBER_OF_DOCUMENTCALS;40;;

NUMBER_OF_USERCALS;3;;

PRODUCTLEVEL;10;;2013-01-01