Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Limiting Items in a List Box

I have a view with the following list box:

This view is going to be a Global View that I don't want to limit the items in the list box.  I need to then create 6 tabs for each of the items in my Industry list above.  Is there a way to limit those views?  In other words when you select the Public K-12 tab I only want to show Public K-12 as the Industry.  The reason for this is I have 7 teams.  One that will see everything and one for each of the Industries listed.  If I am on the Public K-12 I only need to see Public K-12.  I hope this makes sense.

David

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Create a flag for all industry values and when ever you have on that tab, select that industry flag value by using triggers.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
vikasmahajan

Try to Implement Section Access , Data Will see by there functions using this

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi David,

Implement Section Access for your Dashboard.  Please check the below script or refer Qlikview Help (F1) file for more details and examples

Find the script below which implements the Section Access based on the Users department.

If the user has access to department 1 then he can see only his department data.  We need to give the password if the user is custom.

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, REDUCTION

ADMIN, Admin, password, *

USER, Sales, password1, 1

USER, Market, password1, 2

];

Section Application;

star is *;

Departments:

LOAD * INLINE [

REDUCTION, Dept,

1, Sales

2, Marketing];

Sales:

LOAD * INLINE [

Dept, Sales

Sales, 100

Sales, 200

Sales, 4646

Sales, 755

Sales, 422

Sales, 42

Marketing, 2

Marketing, 453

Marketing, 54

Marketing, 45

];

Hope the script helps you in understanding.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Create a flag for all industry values and when ever you have on that tab, select that industry flag value by using triggers.

prasad_dumbre
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

If you dont want to use section acess, then by using conditions based on variables triggers u can solve this scenario. . .

Not applicable
Author

Can you provide with an example of how this done?  I want to try it before using Section Access.

vikasmahajan

PFA documents with  user admin & pass admin1

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.