Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Exceeded Sessions CAL's - Warning Message - How to Change Message

Hi Everyone,

When we exceed the number of CALs we have available on our QlikView Extranet Server, we naturally receive the following error:

"Access denied! The server (QVS) is currently out of SESSION and USAGE CALs. If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator!"

Does anyone know if there is some way which this warning message can be changed to something more relevant for us?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jone,

Im not fully sure if that spec can be changed but I starting from 11.20 SR8 are some of the messages configurable.

From the release notes:

Configurable Ajax Messages

Some of the messages sent in the AJAX client can now be configured to your own wording or translated

to another language.

You can change these messages in the file "customTranslations.js" supplied in the "Program

Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewAjax\htc\customFiles" folder on the machine where

the QV WebServer runs.

A file named customTranslationsExample.js is also provided that shows syntax and which messages that

can be configured.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Even tough this thread is very old...

I would be very interested in a solution. Any ideas?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I believe this is hard coded and can not be changed.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jone,

Im not fully sure if that spec can be changed but I starting from 11.20 SR8 are some of the messages configurable.

From the release notes:

Configurable Ajax Messages

Some of the messages sent in the AJAX client can now be configured to your own wording or translated

to another language.

You can change these messages in the file "customTranslations.js" supplied in the "Program

Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewAjax\htc\customFiles" folder on the machine where

the QV WebServer runs.

A file named customTranslationsExample.js is also provided that shows syntax and which messages that

can be configured.