Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeremy_fourman
Creator
Creator

QVS Tunnel Error

Hi all,

Sorry to keep whipping this dead horse but I am kinda stuck here. I am receiving the QVSTunnel.dll error that usually indicates either

a. tunnel is not installed/setyp on the webserver

b. Link Machine Name needs entered.

c. Config.xml wasn't updated

However all of those are configured. I can execute the tunnel test and get a proper success message, from inside and outside the firewall. I have the fqdn name entered into the Link Machine Name, I have checked config.xml and this has the subdomain.domain.com entered as well.

but nothing is seeming to work when using the plugin.

qvp://subdomain.domain.com/Published/test.qvw?iis_authenticate=stuff&tunneler=http%3A//subdomain.domain.com/scripts/QVSTunnel.dll%3Fhost%3Dqvs could not be opened

This is a distributed installation with the QVWS in a DMZ using IIS. All other services are installed within the protected network. There is a hosts file on the webserver that resolves the QVS server name. Both servers can resolve subdomain.domain.com and everything has generally been easy going until this. As a matter of fact this is the last item to check off of the setup list.

What am I missing? Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

-Jeremy

6 Replies
jeremy_fourman
Creator
Creator
Author

If I enter the internal IP of the QVS server within the Link Machine Name, then the users on LAN are able to use the IE plugin. What can I do for the external users?

jeremy_fourman
Creator
Creator
Author

QV 11.2

Server 2008

IIS 7

IE 9 used for testing

any ideas?

Not applicable

I have this problem also. And trange thing is, it works for all but one user. She is using vpn, but that is not different from the others. But she is the only one getting this.

jeremy_fourman
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Alice - This particular issue was resolved via QT Support. We were using Certificates for Trust and there was a bug fixed in QV 11,2 SR3 around this but in the meantime they had to do a registry setting adjustment. I would suggest opening a ticket with QT to get it resolved quicker.

Hope it works out for you.

Not applicable

Thank you Jeremy! This particular error was resolved by their IT-department, and I have not yet found out how. I will try to get that info and return here with it. Speaking of whipping old horses. 😃

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I am sure they had to NAT port 4747 to the internal server.

You can also set the link machine name to (FromRequest) with parentheses.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.