Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

conditional positioning

Hi All,

I Need to show charts in particular position. For e.g. i have two charts like monthly chart and weekly chart.

if the user selects monthly and weekly  related sale order then it has to show top left(in the same position) and if the user selects both monthly and weekly it has to show side by side.

5 Replies
jvishnuram
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Kannuri,

It is possible for that you need to use the layout tab (Show option) in the the chart properties., for more details post the sample application.

Not applicable
Author

Currently as per my understanding it is not possible to conditionally change the position of objects.

But still you can have a work-around like

Suposse you have 2 charts, Monthly and Daily placed side by side.

you can create a copy of Monthly chart and then show and hide the old one on based of Selection.

jvishnuram
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Angad,

I have just attached the sample application., if it is not meet your requirement.,then rephrase it.

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

the macro bellow doubles the size of all objects on sheet. You can make use of it to server your purpose. In the APIguide.qvw many examples are available :

sub test

rem double size of all sizable objects on active sheet

set sh = ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet

dim dummy(0)  'dummy array indicates all parts of frame to be set

for i = 0 to sh.NoOfSheetObjects-1

set obj = sh.SheetObjects(i)

set fr = obj.GetFrameDef

set pos = fr.Rect

pos.Width = pos.Width * 2

pos.Height = pos.height * 2

obj.SetFrame fr,true,dummy

next

end sub

Not applicable
Author

you have made it more complex, I just meant to give an approach to Kannuri. That we can have it as a workaround using multiple copies of same chart.

Edit: Moreover you also created mutiple copies of Text Object to make it an illusion that the positions got changed.