Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Combo_chart to display a numeric_null_value?

I have the following problem:

- Next to the primary chart on the current sheet of my app, I have a "historical_values chart"

=> That does not have a proper dimension, just two data_points:

- "prior_week"

- "prior_month"

=> For reasons of screen_space, that second chart is necessarily much smaller than the primary one

- The issue I have is, the values to display in this chart are, so far, always 0 - which is very good, but hard to display...

- In my primary chart, the expression is displayed as a line and because there are six days which get connected, the line is visible.

<=> In the historical_chart, there is only one data_point (the two are disconnected, two completely separate values), so there is no  
          line, but only a dot...

<=> When I choose the display_type bar, it doesn't get any better - the bar is hardly visible.

=> Just modifying the axis to start at a value of -1 doesn't help matters for the bar only starts at 0...

Can anyone suggest a possible solution here?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

It worked if you displayed all values - see tab Präsentation. In cases if I couldn't use these settings because I needed this for other expressions - I add a tiny value like 0.000000001 to the expression. It's not quite correct but not visible in the chart.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

It worked if you displayed all values - see tab Präsentation. In cases if I couldn't use these settings because I needed this for other expressions - I add a tiny value like 0.000000001 to the expression. It's not quite correct but not visible in the chart.

- Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Marcus,

that works great! I can format that to 0 decimals using the num() fct and still the value is displayed above the column, so it's easy to see the value was 0 - before, that figure didn't show although I had the corresp. checkbox ticked.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Marcus,

unfortunately the problem has come back to me - in the primary chart I have to display the same values - currently, they are always 0.

- I have already set the axis to start at -1

- I have also built that IF_condition like you told me, putting num(0.001, '#.##0') and ticking the "values in segments"
   checkbox

- I have also unticked that "remove NULL values" on the presentation_tab like I did before.

<=> Up to now, it doesn't work.

Can you think of anything here? Might it have to do with my dimension?

marcus_sommer

This could be - dimensions have also settings to hide null or show all values. But I think it's rather the num() function - they is don't needed.

- Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

I have found it out - my dimension comes from a central qvs file because all my charts have the same dimensions, "day" and "month". The dimension "day" includes Sat, but those values are not tracked on Sat - so there is a blank and QlikView cannot calculate an average 😉

I cannot write to the original file, so I will just implement another dimension that has only five days ...

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler