Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Publisher on 2012 and QMS on 2008

Does anyone know if it is possible to run Publisher 11.2 SR5 on a 2012 server and use the QMS on a 11.2 SR5 2008  server to administrate the publisher?

I received information previously that it was possible but I am not so sure, and logically I don't think it makes sense because they are two different .exe files. Any thoughts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

I have not tried this, but it should work. You will have to make sure you use the correct installer for each OS. The exe isn't really that different, it is more the installation package.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

I have not tried this, but it should work. You will have to make sure you use the correct installer for each OS. The exe isn't really that different, it is more the installation package.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

We have installed Qlik View Server over 2012. We have not yet tried QV Publisher in 2012 because we need to migrate the production environment to the new server.

The QVServer for 2012 have an special installer for this operating system.

Also, if you install a QV Desktop in that environment, you must use the 2008 installer.

Best Regards

Guillermo

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You have to use the QlikViewDesktop_Win8andUp installer for the desktop on 2012.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

Yes. I have installed the Qlik View desktop for windows 8 over Windows 2012 .

The Qlik View Server for 2012 is an special 64 bits installer for this operating system.

Guillermo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We are running Publisher and server on in a 2012 environment without any problems (you just have to keep an eye on the Windows SR as 2012 R2 is not yet supported). What I am going to try is to run Publisher on 2012 and Server on 2008 with the same QMS. I will let you know how it goes. Support says "maybe" but not supported

Not applicable
Author

We are using Qlik View Publisher and Server 11R5 in 2o12 without problem at the moment.

thank you Nils for your response.