Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Publisher: Distribute pdf report to email addresses

Hi I have a pdf report that I want to distribute to users on their emails. When I use management console to do this, it looks like I can't enter an email address, it has to be picked from the AD. Below is the screenshot for it. Problem is, I want to send the report to external users who are not in our Active Directory. Any way to do this? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

No its not working for gmail. getting error saying "Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay". Its working if I send it on my company email.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Colin-Albert

If you are running v11 or later as you can just add a field containing email addresses to your data, but can be done with earlier versions as well.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/40553

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your suggestion. I have V11 and just tried using the method your suggested. I listed my company email and well as gmail address to the filed. It is sending the email to my internal email address but not to my gmail for some reason. Any idea why would that happen.

Colin-Albert

Hi Siddharth,

Can you send a test email from your QlikView server to your gmail address?

- You can do this on the QlikView Management Console -> System -> Setup -> Mail Server -> General page

Not applicable
Author

No its not working for gmail. getting error saying "Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay". Its working if I send it on my company email.

Not applicable
Author

I understand it now. The server on with QV is hosted was not allowed to relay to outside world. Changing this fixed it. Thanks~