Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agsearle
Creator
Creator

Unable to view Publisher through IE

Publisher failed this week, still unsure why? no jobs were running and we couldn't view Publisher through Internet Explorer.

It was suggested we upgrade our version, which we have done, and now all the scheduled jobs are working again. However, I still can't gain access to Publisher through Internet Explorer?

Am getting this message:

Failed to connect to command center at url: http://localhost:8081/qtcc.asmx.

This error might occur when having soap extensions enabled while running on a double byte language OS.
To disable soap extensions. Edit web.config and set EnableSoapExtensions to False

Extended technical information is:

Exception details

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at CPGlobal.CommandCenterWebService.CommandCenterWebService.CheckPrerequisites(String Cert) at CPGlobal.ExtendedAuthenticatedRole.AuthorizeMe()

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

When I had this, it was due to a MS process running on this port. I solved this problem by changing ports.

Modify the C:\Program Files\QlikView\Publisher\CommandCenterService\QVPublisherCommandCenterService.exe.config file and modify the value from 8081 to 8137

<add key="WebservicePort" value="8137" />

Modify the C:\Program Files\QlikView\Publisher\ControlPanel\Web.Config file and make the following change from 8081 to 8137:

<add key="CommandCenterURL" value="http://localhost:8137/qtcc.asmx"/>

Restart IIS

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hey!

try to restart your server.

good look.

Not applicable

When I had this, it was due to a MS process running on this port. I solved this problem by changing ports.

Modify the C:\Program Files\QlikView\Publisher\CommandCenterService\QVPublisherCommandCenterService.exe.config file and modify the value from 8081 to 8137

<add key="WebservicePort" value="8137" />

Modify the C:\Program Files\QlikView\Publisher\ControlPanel\Web.Config file and make the following change from 8081 to 8137:

<add key="CommandCenterURL" value="http://localhost:8137/qtcc.asmx"/>

Restart IIS

agsearle
Creator
Creator
Author

Rob,

I have just done this following advice from Qliktech support, and can confirm that yes it solved the problem.

Thanks anyway.