Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Report creation with multiple objects

Greetings,

I have to create a report that has a chart and a text box. Both the chart and the text box contain a field that needs to change page by page. The chart is pivoted by "department". The text object has the "department" field in it also. It is sort of like a sign off sheet. The top shows what the department has/does. The text object is a signoff box. There are over 100 departments. How can I use banding in the "department" field to create mutliple sheets for multiple Departments. Please take a look at the attached.

4 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

Don't understand what is the problem ?

You can do it with QV report designer using multiple pages feature. 

Not applicable
Author

Hi whiteline,

Multiple pages is only letting me add one object, and that object is not resizable. Since the object I add takes up the whole page, I cannot add more.

whiteline
Master II
Master II

There are three resizeable areas to place the objects. The middle one has the limitation you've mentioned.

You said that you want one text box and one chart, so you can do it.

Alsoyou can try to use headers and footers.

michaelsmith
Contributor III
Contributor III

Frank,

I'm sure you'll have resolved this by now, but given that I've just come across it and that there's no answer currently offered, I thought I'd give one for anyone else who comes across the same issue.

As you've selected 'Multiple Page (for long tables)' in the Page Settings section QlikView limits the number of objects that can be placed in the main section of the report i.e. it reserves that central section for what you've told it will be a large table which will likely span multiple pages.  The only way that I've found to be able to place multiple objects in the central pain is to select the 'Single Page' option.