Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

is this proper in QV?

I am looking to get analysis on the Territory level but where where all roll up to a Region and regions rolling into a Division. I use the Terr field from the Geography and the Region field from the Product table and the Division from Geography.

Or should I use all three dimensions from the Geography table? If I use all 3 dimensions from the Geograhpy table, my charts are incorrect because all Territories show the exact same sales. but when I do the split as Territory and Division from Geography and the Region from Product, I get unique results for each territory and region and division. Why is that? Based on my schema, I should have gotten the same result either ways but it is not so. Thanks in advance for your help.

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi

If you use all 3 dimensions from the Geograhpy table and all Territories show the exact same sales, then probably all territories have the same GeoOrgGUID. Suggest you to check it once, the territories should have different GeoOrdGUID.

If the IDs are different, then I need to take a look at the qvw file before coming to any conclusion.

Thanks

Amit

avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

The IDs are different. I don't mind taking this discussion offline if you don't mind. I am at amirali@gmx.us

thanks.

Not applicable

In case the issue is not resolved, you can mail me the details @ agrawami@gmail.com

Thanks

Amit