Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

New Governance 1.1 Custom Code

Hi All, I ahve added custom code which is nothing but loading one extra table to idnetify live apps in our system. This code is working fine with 1.0 But with 1.1 this does not seem to be working,. I have attached screenshot with log and code.. Please advise

Governance Custom Code.png

7 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Faisal,

Try including that custom script in a text file and referencing that text file in "User Config script" option:

For example, if you put the script in a file called "MyCustomScript.txt" and save that file in the same directory as the Governance Dashboard, the configuration would look like this:

Capture.JPG.jpg

Your other configuration settings would be the same.

Adding the script in the script editor won't work because of the presence of a "Exit Script;" in the hidden script.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks,, Why in the world they have mentioned write your code here and 1.0 is working just fine.... so if i use "use Config Script" ,, will it expect me give all source and log paths?  I have already mentined those without config file

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

You won't need to specify config settings in the "user config" file.

The "User Config" file can be used to set / pass variables in for the config. It can also be used to pass in your own section of script, as you are trying to do.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks it worked. How did you know that there was exit script command in it?

Now here is interesting situation,,, attached screenshot that talks about last 28 days Max Docs Loaded(30) and Apps Accessed (40),,  Why loaded apps are 30 are apps accessed are 40?

Governance doc loaded.png

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Max Docs Loaded is a calculation of the max documents loaded in server at any given point int time during the last 28 days whereas Apps Accessed simply counts the number of unique Apps (DocName) which appear in the session logs during the last 28 days.

So, I would guess that in the last 28 days 40 apps were available to users, but only 30 were ever loaded into QV memory at any one given time.

Does that seem reasonable?

(Good observation, by the way!)

Not applicable
Author

so Should i believe this 🙂

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

I don't know why not It seems very possible that not all 40 apps were accessed in a single day.  And, if you are really just interested in app usage and user activity, go with the Apps Accessed metric. The Max Docs Loaded is more for gauging performance of a physical server - i.e. how much data was loaded in memory at one time on one server?