Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Google Maps for QlikView - Drawing Polygons

Does QlikView's integration with Google Maps have the ability to draw custom polygons given sets of latitude/longitude values?

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I want to do the same thing. Has anyone found a solution for this?

Not applicable
Author

Hi everybody,

There is no way you can control the way google render the maps dynamically, the only thing you can control is the scatter plot above the text object. Probably the most fancy thing you can do is change the color of the bubble that is drawn by QlikView. Let me tell you that we found about these a few months ago, so we decided to start our own development. Currently we have something similar to what you see with the google maps integration, but using the clients geographic information, such as shape files, postgis databases, rasters and more. The way the polygons are drawn is on our own control, using xml files, called Styled Layer Descriptor(SLD).

In the case, our development may help you, please contact me at ivan.cruz@qlikmex.com

Best Regards.

Not applicable
Author

So, you are drawing your polygons on the map with a server side component? This means that qlikview is not drawing them. Is that right?

Not applicable
Author

Exactly, the map rendering is controlled by a specialized server.

Best Regards

Not applicable
Author

so, that means you cannot have a mouseover tooltip for the polygon, since everything is done on the server and all the client browser gets is a map image. correct?

Not applicable
Author

No, you cannot control the drawing directly from qlikview