Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart question

Hi,

I have a bar chart where I want to set the colours to red or greeen.  Red if the 'follow up year' is <2014 and Green if >=2014.

Then the same for the month ie; if it's Feb in 2014 I want Jan to be red and the other months green.

Hope that makes sense, look forward to you advice!

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sara

use the background colour to set

if (year=2014, red(), green())

same for month but you should better set a variable with your last month-year (feb-2014 under date format 01/02/2014)  and compare to $(var)

best regards

Chris

Not applicable
Author

I can't seem to be able to change it in the colour tab, does this need to be done in the script??

Untitled.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sara

the background to modify is in tab "Expression"

Result gives something like this

best regards

Chris

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

On the charts Properties | Expressions tab, click the + sign next to the expression and enter the colour expression in the background colour option.The field Year must have a single possible value for each value of the dimensions.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi Sara,

you add the IF Statement here

2014-01-27_1100.png

Not applicable
Author

Properties.JPG.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Following on from Chris's answer, you need to click on the little + next to the expression in the expressions tab, then choose Background Colour

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi Sara

You need to give condition in Background Color option :

Not applicable
Author

Finally it's working!!!!  However, my 'others' column is red too and I want this grey.  Do I need to add another expression??

Thank you.