cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcornips
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dimensions on datapoints

I have several types of country scores. In a chart I am using one score-type as an expression and the other score-types as dimensions. This enables me to investigate correlations between the scores.

I am using a line chart in which all the data points are displayed as symbols. I can simply add the values of the score type which I use as an expression to the data points/symbols. But how can I add the country names (dimension values) to the data points/symbols?

Maurice

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

Now that I see your chart I think is better to use a scatter chart for showing scores relations (see here Qlik Demos: See QlikView in Action | Demo.Qlik.Com for when to use which chart)

See attachment, second tab

View solution in original post

9 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Is it what you are looking for?

if not, kindly load your apps.

Not applicable

Hi,

You can make a calculated dimension by concatenating country names and first scores:

= CountryName & ' - ' & FirstScore

then sort this dimension by Maxstring(FirstScore&CountryName) ascending for example.

Hope this helps

maxgro
MVP
MVP

you can change your score expression to have a text and a num value

dual(Country & chr(10) & num(Sum(Score), ',#,##0'), Sum(Score))

flag "Value on Data Points" in "Expression" tab

set "Expression Default" as "Number Format Settings" in Number tab

105372.jpg

mcornips
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

All answers are helpful. You are showing the dimension 'country' on the X-axis. My X-axis shows another score type as a dimension with a value range. The country dots display the country's score on the Y-axis and on the X-axis.

I just needed to add the field 'country' as an expression and then activate the 'Values on Data Points' and hide the lines or symbols for this expression.

The problem I have now is that countries with the same dimension scores are not displayed. Probably because he totalizes the scores for each dimension (which is another score).

mcornips
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

In the attached QVW the score_B values 7 and 9 do not show a country since more countries do have these values 7 and 9 on Score_B.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

Now that I see your chart I think is better to use a scatter chart for showing scores relations (see here Qlik Demos: See QlikView in Action | Demo.Qlik.Com for when to use which chart)

See attachment, second tab

mcornips
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks a lot Massimo, That is was the chart I was looking for.

Maurice

mcornips
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Massimo,

Could you please resend me the QVW you send me with this solution?

Thanks,

Maurice

maxgro
MVP
MVP

you can download it (attachment) 2  post above, Jan 27, 2014 3:07 PM