cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n1ef5ng1
Creator
Creator

Ad hoc interface in QV using comparative analysis

Hi all, I am using a Comparative Analysis to do an ad hoc interface for user to do their self retrieving of information easily.

The problem I face is that in my database, we kind of merge different databases together.

Say in Alternate State A I have database A values and Alternate State B I have database B value.

Each database has a different concept,

in database A, it talks about volume of container box that is being performed. In a container box there is Empty or Full. We call this Container_Class_Name.

In database B, it talks about volume of container box that is not performed, in that category, there is E of F field (which means Empty or Full) We call this Transit_Container_Class_Name.

Is there any way that I can do a customized dimension that means Empty refers to Alternate State A Container Class Name Empty and ALternate State B Container Class Name E

This is becasue If i will to use a default field in the dimension say ALternate state A Container Class Name, the figures will be different for Alternnat State B Transit_Container_Class_Name even though it means the same.

Is valuelist the solution? i tried but it seems that there is error when doing the expression,

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I dont know whether you need alternate states for this problem. It seems to me that you need to conform the databases (field names and values of attributes) in your script. Something like this:

LOAD

ContainerID,

Container_Class_Name,

'Container' As Source

FROM DatabaseA;

Concatenate

LOAD

Transit_ContainerID As ContainerID

Pick(Match(Transit_Container_Class_Name, 'E', 'F'), 'Empty', 'Full') As Container_Class_Name,

'TransitContainer' As Source

FROM DatabaseB;

(The source field allows you to select records from A or B.)

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
n1ef5ng1
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, is there anywhere that i can do without editing the script. we are not allowed to do edit the script

n1ef5ng1
Creator
Creator
Author

I tried ur method but can't as it created loops within the database, any other alternatives?