Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

cant Reload the Qlikview using Windows servce

Hello Friends,

I need very urgent help from you.

i have a windows service which will launch a bat file and then bat file will have the command to reload the qlikview doc.

when i run this manually it works perfect, but when i launch bat file using windows serivce it will bypass the Reload of Qlikview and run other commands, and am not sure why.

is there any command line where i can reload the Qlikview doc without opening the qlikview windiow or any other way that i can handle.

need very urgent help as i have to deliver on priority basis, thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat T

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Venkat

Does the Windows Service method work ok if you run it under the same AD User as when you run the bat file manually ?

Is so then could you paste in the contents of your bat file ?

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hello Dear,

I don't think so this will work . you need QMC (Qlikview Management Control) that is casually use to Set process chain for Qlikview Document and very easy to set process chain and grand Authorization for users.

Regards

Asim

Not applicable
Author

Hello Bill,

Thanks, you are right. that issue was because of access levels. i re installed the windows service using my user credentials and its working perfect now.

Thanks for giving me the idea.

Thank & Regards,

Venkat T

Not applicable
Author

Hi Venak,

Are u running the Reload on QMC?

How many times do u need it to reload a day?

Use this one to run a .Bat file

task1.png

Cheers

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nelson,

No, am not running from QMC and i don't know how many times and when i need to reload the QVD this  is purely depends upon the Source availability i mean as soon as file arrives to the shared folder this QVD should get refreshed automatically. that's the reason i have created the Windows service using VB.net that will be keep monitoring the source and  triggers the QVD Refresh.

Hope am clear, let me know if am not.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat T

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

In reading your post I take it you are running qv.exe /r

It that is the case you can't run this under windows service, you have to have a named user. The QlikView application has to be license to the user that is running it.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Venkat

If there is a reply that was correct and you mark it as such, then people will stop trying to give you alternative replies since they think you question is still showing as unanswered.

You saying 'its working perfect now.' indicates your question was indeed answered.

Best Regards,     Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

BB

It should work ok under a Windows Service, as long at that Service is configured to run authenticated as an AD User that has leased a valid licence.

Or am I missing something ?

Best Regards,     Bill M

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

The user in red below has to have a license

3.png

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.