Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Custom popup labels on Scatter Chart

I need to customize my chart popup labels. All the posts I looked at talk about popup label on bar chart and provide the solution given in Qlikview cookbook.

I want to custmize scatter chart popup labels. It shows all the dimensions and expression value in popup. One of my dimension is ID and I do not want to show that in popup label. How can I do this?

14 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Andreas, I'm not sure what you mean by "one or more" dimensions. A scatter chart must always have exactly 1 dimension.

Assuming you meant just one dimension, however, see my last reply to Gomti. You'll need to disable "expression as legend" for the 4th expression.

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Vlad,

to my knowledge it is possible to have more than one dimension in a Scatter Chart. This is mentioned in the QlikView Reference Manual as well. But this does not matter, the effect is present whether you have one or more than one dimension.

I attached an example dashboard in which you can see that the setting "expression as legend" is actually disabled for the 4th expression. But this has no effect on the disappearing legend.

Whenever you enable the 4th expression (using the checkbox "Enable", not the checkbox "Expression as legend"!), the legend disappears completely. In the attached dashboard, the 4th expression is currently set to "not enabled", so that the legend is displayed. You will need to "enable" it to see the effect.

Regards

Andreas

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Andreas, the reason this is happening is precisely because scatter charts do NOT support 2 dimensions. See attached (your application, but with 2nd dimension disabled).

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Page 606.PNG.pngVlad, I found that it is actually the combination of more than one dimension AND more than 3 expressions that causes the disappearance of the legend.

Regarding the support of more than one dimension in scatter charts, I found statements in the QlikView Reference Manual for V11, which explicitly allow this (see attached screenshot).

And finally: the chart itself works perfectly, it is just the legend that causes issues.

Kind regards

Andreas

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vlad you have explained very clearly. I followed exactly and still not able to create a custom popup label. Can you please assist. The data points on the scatter chart get connected thru lines. Even if I change the view I do not see custom popup label until I click on one data point. I can see it then.