Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trouble with Management Console on QV Server Reloading Documents

I can reload the documents fine in QV Desktop, won't reload in Management Console.

'The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=C:\QlikView\Production\Operations\Operations2_02.qvw.
Reload failed.
The task "Operations/Operations2_02.qvw" failed. ErrorCount=2'

is the message for the document. I've tried to locate the log file. No such luck.

The Management Console is on aq server, DeskTop application is not loaded on it.

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

Allen

Your notion about not having the ODBC connection on the server will certainly cause the reload to fail, as perhaps will any absolute paths in your script that may have been inherited from your machine (e.g. to local files). Your log files for the server should be in a location such as Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\Log and you will find a log file for each task that you have running in the server.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Could you active the Log by opening the document with your Qlikview developper , then document properties and check the generate Log box. Then save the document

Relaunch the Reload task in your Server and see the log located in the same folder of your failed application.

Not applicable
Author

That's the default setting for all the files. I have already gone to the folder where the files are supposed to be kept and there's nothing there.I'm an idiot. I bet it has something to do with the ODBC connections on the server. I have them on my machine, so it runs fine, but I don't think they were set up on the server.

Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

Allen

Your notion about not having the ODBC connection on the server will certainly cause the reload to fail, as perhaps will any absolute paths in your script that may have been inherited from your machine (e.g. to local files). Your log files for the server should be in a location such as Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\Log and you will find a log file for each task that you have running in the server.