Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mridzal
Contributor
Contributor

IE plugin client loses connection or cannot connect

Hi Qlikview friends,

we are using the plugin Client to access server documents. We are using named CALs and there is some trouble when trying to connect or working with some Qliks. The plugin version is (according to the server log)

Exe TypeExe Version
RLS648.50.6326.0409.10

The error logged on the server is:

"Could not refresh gracefully"

These user have no problem with other qliks, this error always occurs on 3 specific qliks. Sometimes they can connect, but after 2-3 mouse clicks the connection is lost.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

BR,

Muris

7 Replies
Not applicable

Simultaneous login by same domain user in different machine? QV will kick the existing document connection out in such a case..

--Arun

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is normaly caused by the document being reload and the server seeing the new data. If the QVW isn't set for " Server performs refresh automatically without Cleint action". This can be set in the QVW under Document settings/ Server..

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
mridzal
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Arun

The domain users are bound to designated desktop machines. They are not logging onto terminal servers or other desktops so their machine name should be fixed. Although we have named licenses the serve keeps recording a great deal of borrowed licenses for user names that are among named licenses. I am not sure if that's configured correctly, need to check the licensing manual first. This was something consultants did. (attaching new USER CALs to the server)

The weird thing is that this problem occurs only on 2 qliks (out of 40), and only for certain users. I will check the second reply since I think it has something to do with the refresh option. But I am stilled confused why some users never get this error.

BR,

Muris

Not applicable

Hey... I am getting the same issue.. Please let me know if you found a resolution for the same..

Not applicable

Thanks a lot. I had the same problem, but it was resolved by setting Refresh mode to "Server performs refresh automatically without client action.

Just to note to everybody else, my symptoms was:
- With IE plugin Qlikview just kicked user out, without any warnings
- With AJAX client I first got this "Connection lost to server.." warning. And sometimes just "Connection lost".
- Logs were saying this "Could not refresh gracefully" like mridzal said.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Many thanks Bill. I understand this is very old thread but I wanted to know if we can get around this issue whilst keep the option “Client initiates refresh…”? Users don’t want the new data while doing their analysis. Can we fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

DV

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

You will have to uncheck the QVS option that "Allow only one copy of Document in Memory". Then when you setup the option in the qvw it will allow the user to refresh the document.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.