Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bar chart with revenues by customers - can you add a small box with total sum?

Hi,

I have a question about setting up two analyses on charts

1) % share of product X sales in total sales to each customer

X axis - customers

Y axis - bar chart with % share of sales of selected / filtered product in total sales of this customer

I have a list box with product names - if i click on "Product A"  - i want to see what % share Product A has in total sales to each customer. I don't want to see what is the % split of my total revenue on this product by customers has but rather what % share does "Product A" have in total sales to customer X, Y, Z etc...

I have data colums like "sales value", "customer", "product" etc.

Is there any way to do that?

2) Bar chart with revenues by customers - can you add a small box showing total figure for the chart?

Let's assume that I have a bar chart that shows revenues (USD mn) by sales regions which which de-group into customer segments and those de-group into individual customers.

So X axis - regions/segments/customers, Y axis - revenues

Is there any way to always have a small box on the chart  with the total revenues of my company (or region or segment) even as I go into details with a cyclic group filter?

So for example on a chart with revenues by sales regions I want to see a box with total revenues for my company but if i drill done to region 1 with split by customer segments i want this box to show total revenues for segment (or for example average revenues per segment / region). Is there any way to do that? Perhaps with two boxes  - one with a chart and one with separate table?

Many thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi CaptainP,

The its 'Text in chart' option. Right click chart > properties > presentation . in the bottom right you can see an add option where you can use your own expressions/texts and whose results will be displayed on the chart as text.

You can change background color, font, positioning etc.Test.png

For the first chart is this want you want

IDCustomerProductSales
1ABat1017%
2ABike2033%
3ATire3050%
4BBat4534%
5BTire5643%
6BBike3023%
7CBat3086%
8CTire514%

The first value 17% is calculated by 10/(10+20+30). If so please check out the attached file. I added two dimensions and created a legend for each Product.

thanks

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please check out the attached file and see if it meets your needs. I have two sheets one for each requirement

Thanks

AJ

Not applicable
Author

Ajay,

thanks a lot!

Sheet 2 is perfect - exactly what i wanted. By the way - what exactly do i need to do to turn on those green fields ?

Sheet 1 is not exactly what I'm looking for

Lets take the below example

IDCustomerProductSales
1ABat10
2ABike20
3ATire30
4BBat45
5BTire56
6BBike30
7CBat30
8CTire5

I want to see what % share Tyres have in total sales to customer C (total sales to C customer). Or what % share bat has in tota sales to customer B.

Thanks

T

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

For the green box, go into the chart properties -> Presentation tab -> Text in Chart (In the bottom right corner). You can reposition that box by holding CTRL and Shift when the chart is selected

Not applicable
Author

Hi CaptainP,

The its 'Text in chart' option. Right click chart > properties > presentation . in the bottom right you can see an add option where you can use your own expressions/texts and whose results will be displayed on the chart as text.

You can change background color, font, positioning etc.Test.png

For the first chart is this want you want

IDCustomerProductSales
1ABat1017%
2ABike2033%
3ATire3050%
4BBat4534%
5BTire5643%
6BBike3023%
7CBat3086%
8CTire514%

The first value 17% is calculated by 10/(10+20+30). If so please check out the attached file. I added two dimensions and created a legend for each Product.

thanks

Not applicable
Author

Ajay,

perfect. That's what I wanted.

One last question regarding the green box Is there a way to get this data formatted?

So instead of having value "12345,5678" to display "12 345"?

Thanks,

regards,

CaptainP

Not applicable
Author

Sure. Go to the expression and change it to(click the expression and then edit) :

num(sum(TOTAL Revenue),'#,##0.00')

This will format your number say you have like 222345 to 222,345.00. You can play around with the '#,##0.00' part of it to suit your needs.

Thanks