cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marko_rakar
Creator
Creator

"Marking" multiple result sets?

I have huge database in which I am trying to identify different kind of anomalies on multiple number of different criterias.

Is it possible to do following:

• identify satisfying result and then mark it or tag all records within that result
  • identifiy anorher result while using different criteria and then tag all records once again (it is possible that different records match more then one criteria)
  • in the end, easily count all the records which matched any of my previous searches and then score them according to the number of marks, tags or flags they were identified in

can I do this somehow within the application?

(the way I can do that now is to find satisfying result, then export excel of unique IDs of records which match that criteria, do that for all of my searches; then import all matches and count  and score them)

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marko

Would you be able to set a flag field for each kind of anomaly in your load script ?

Depending on your precise needs you should be able to do in one pass of the data :

If ( [YourField] = 'anomaly1' , 1 , 0 )     [Anomaly 1 Flag] ;

If ( [YourField] = 'anomaly2' , 1 , 0 )     [Anomaly 2 Flag] ;

Best Regards,     Bill Markham

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can also try using alternate states. See this tutorial for an example that sounds similar to your requirements: Using Alternate States to Select Multiple Values in a List Box with Different Attributes

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
marko_rakar
Creator
Creator
Author

I do not think that would be possible or practical, I am looking at about 10 databases, with millions of records and I can list right away at least 10-15 complex selection queries most of which are calculated.

Just reloading this database takes a lot of time.

I need something more practical; think of invoice database (hader plus item list); I want to compare if item which shows on the list of original invoices have comparable item in another database (ie. research database) and then I want to compare if quantity or packagiing is same or not. If everything either fit or not, then I flag this whole invoice in order to see how many invoices will be flaged, which sales people have more then usual amount of flags and so on...