cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating one record per Month

Hey everyone,

I followed the approach defined by hic in his "Generating Missing Data" resource.

Image 11.png

In the example above it is filling in the missing records per day.  However, I need to fill in the missing records per month not per day.

For example, FromDate = 1/1/2013 and ToDate = 1/1/2014 so I need 12 records one for each month (1/1/2013, 2/1/2013, 3/1/2013, etc).

I have used the below solution which seems to work but is not very straightforward.  Is there a more straightforward solution?

Image 12.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Michael,

It seems clear. I would have coded differently the last WHERE clause, but it is certainly not  so good (it depends on the date you may have)

WHERE addmonths([Start Date], IterNo()-1) <= [End Date]

So I understand that the loop is done until the End Date. And no need to compute the MonthDiff.

Fabrice

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael, Can you please share the source data ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Dathu,

Not sure if I'm allowed to share the data even if it is scrambled, so I would rather not.  However, if you assume the source data is near identical to what Henric is using than it should be close enough. 

Generating Missing Data In QlikView

Again, it appears my solution is working but I tend to make things more complicated than they need to be and run into problems further into the development.

Thanks,
Mike

Not applicable
Author

Michael,

It seems clear. I would have coded differently the last WHERE clause, but it is certainly not  so good (it depends on the date you may have)

WHERE addmonths([Start Date], IterNo()-1) <= [End Date]

So I understand that the loop is done until the End Date. And no need to compute the MonthDiff.

Fabrice