Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diogopereira89
Contributor II
Contributor II

Bookmark on Qlikview Server

Hi,

Was wondering if it's possible create a button that creates a user bookmark. If the user already has created this bookmark, then the action of that button will be a replace the bookmark.

Is possible?

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Diogo

I'm not sure how you want to identify whether bookmark already exists, but the are two trigger actions you should check: Bookmark => Create Bookmark and Bookmark => Replace Bookmark

bm.png

Lukasz

diogopereira89
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Lukasz,

i have on field called Vision. that field have 3 options Vision A, Vision B, Vision C and  each option will be a bookmark.

So, when user clicks on button "Save bookmark" the bookmark ID is = OSUser() &'-'&Vision ->Vision always have only one value selected.

Ok, the problem is:

When i save the new bookmark, if the ID was the same Qlikview creats a new Bookmark with new sequential ID like BM03 for example.

In this scenario i want to replace the bookmark.

I want to know if the bookmark exists in order to hide the create button and display button to change, for example

Not applicable

If bookmark exists Only({BMxxx} Vision) is going to return current value of "Vision", otherwise it returns NULL. Maybe you can use this behavior in your logic?

diogopereira89
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Did a little test and it worked as expected.

I will now apply and see how it behaves.

Thanks for the great thinking and his readiness