Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III

Qlikview Server Issues (Are you having them?)

We are running Qlikview server on the below specs and we are set to use 5 virtual engine in Management Console to run our various reports and QVDs. We have a couple problems that we face quite frequently.

OS Name-Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008

Processor(s)         
-Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.66GHz, 2660 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 LogicalProcessor(s)      

-Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.66GHz, 2660 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory(RAM)   32.0 GB

Total Physical Memory   32.0 GB

Available Physical Memory    27.2 GB

Total Virtual Memory    64.1 GB

Available Virtual Memory    59.2 GB

Page File Space    32.3 GB

-We are set at 5 engines and with our server specs we should not see any problems running/refreshing 4-5 jobs at a time. When we run one job, it will refresh at a pretty decent speed, but as soon as any consecutive jobs start, each job begins to run much slower (sometimes double/triple the time it would take running solo). I can refresh a report much faster on the desktop of a PC with less than half the power than our server. I don't see any reason the server and these 8 processors cannot refresh on all available engines without causing problems.         

-The Management Console and Access Point crash at least once a week, if not more, and needs to be reset in order to fix it. It seems like memory is used throughout the week but never freed back up, thus causing the server to hit a wall after a week and crash.

Are there settings within Qlikview we could change to remedy this?   

5 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Jeremy,

Would u please attach some log or screens?

Cheers

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

What version of QVS are you using?  We have found customers that are running 11.2 SR2 and 11.2 SR3 experience similar issues.  We have upgraded them to 11.2 SR4 and those performance issues have been resolved.  Whenever you post Server specs, be sure to include the QVS version you are using.  It is important.

Let us know...

Nate

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

One other thing.  Like Nelson_Villarreal stated, please include any log files.  They are not always really helpful, but you can find some clues.  Memory issues are relatively easy to spot.

Later,

gonzaloruizgonz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

I got the similar symptoms for some customers, both in reloads an distributions. The task execution  time became much higher during the week or during the time depending of the amount of tasks.

I resolve that by restarting distribution service every day in a batch job until i got a cal from QLiktech support explaining that is was related to a bug in Microsoft .net framwork. And the fix they recommended resolved the problem.

here you are the information:

task memory leak.JPG.jpg

BR//Gonza

MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Product Version 11.20.12018.0

I will get the logs