Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Custom Format cell variable color expression

In have to paint a line on one table depending on the dimension value.  I'm trying to set a expression to do it in custom format cell. Expressions in custom format cell are linked to the dimension? Anybody can help me?

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

Not really clear what do you want to do. You could set custom cell-formats within dimensions and expressions per click on the plus-sign and insert an expression like: if(CONDITION, red(), blue()). If you want show lines or bars within a table you could choose gauge-charts or mini-charts as expressions-type. Alternatively you could create bars or lines within a cell per repeat() function.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Victor!

See Chart Properties: Visual Cues:

Visual cues are used for highlighting expression values and are displayed by applying a different font style,

font color and/or cell color.

Is this?

Not applicable
Author

Hey  Victor,

Can you post a sample qvw with some dummy data and maybe snap shots of your requirement if possible.

That would be helpful in addressing your questions.

Thanks

AJ

Not applicable
Author

I'm sorry I was talking about the line between two cells in vertical in a table / pivot table.  Need that line to have variable color related to a dimension value.  Is that possible?  That's why I'm talking about Custom Cell format.  The only place in which separator line format can be changed is in that place.

sample.JPG.jpg

The Green line as shown in image

Not applicable
Author

Hey Victor,

Check out the attached file and see if it helps. The coloring is based on Dimension.

Not applicable
Author

This is correct Answer

Not applicable
Author

I'm sorry Ajay but that's not the idea I was looking for.  I want to change the "separator line" between cells.  The darker green line shown in the screenshot.  thanks