Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samuel_lin
Creator
Creator

User Defined Data Range Upper & Lower Bound

Dear all,

I am wondering if there's a way to allow document users to define their own upper and lower bounds easily and have the entire document updated accordingly. I look through gauge chart but didn't think it's something I want (can users define their own range using gauge instead of changing upper and lower bounds in the property?)

An example of what I am trying to do. Say I have data of the number of visits made by each person, and I'd like to see people who had made their visits for more than 4 times but less than 20 times.

Thank you very much for your help~

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can do that with Select in Field actions assigned to the OnSelect field trigger. See this tutorial for an example with dates and calendar objects: Selecting Arbitrary Date Ranges. The technique used is identical to what you need. Instead of using two calendar objects with each one variable you can use a single slider object with two variables.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Samuel

How about using a Slider object to set 2 variables, one for minimum number and the other for maximum.

Then these 2 values can used in other objects, probably within set analysis expressions.

Best Regards,     Bill

samuel_lin
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your reply. If I have set my variables: vUpperbound and vLowerbound in my Settings, how do I link these variables to my data? So that when I use slider, the rest of the data will be updated as well.

Thank you very much

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can do that with Select in Field actions assigned to the OnSelect field trigger. See this tutorial for an example with dates and calendar objects: Selecting Arbitrary Date Ranges. The technique used is identical to what you need. Instead of using two calendar objects with each one variable you can use a single slider object with two variables.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable

Samuel

Have a look at the sheet 'What If' on the attached qvw, which is one of QlikView Example file that comes when install QlikView.

When you move a slider you'll see some of values below changing, then look at the corresponding expression to see how it works.

Here I have pasted one in.

(Sum([Sales Quantity])+(Sum([Sales Quantity])*($(vVolume)/100)))

(Sum([Sales Price])+(Sum([Sales Price])*($(vPrice)/100)))

Best Regards,     Bill

samuel_lin
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Bill. I do greatly appreciate your help.

samuel_lin
Creator
Creator
Author

Very nice tutorial, got what I need. Thanks