Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Changing the position of a target data point

Hi

Wasn't too sure how to ask this question in a search. Apologies if this has been covered before.

I have a bar chart that groups 3 values by month. Each of these 3 values has a target for each month. When grouping these together, the bars are side by side (what I wanted) but the target points are stacked vertically above the middle value for every month (not what I wanted)

Is it possible to change it so that the target point for the relating value is in line with its correct bar?

Below is an example of what I mean. The top is how it currently looks and the bottom is what I'm trying to achieve.

Example.jpg

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think it cannot be achieved as Qlikview plots the symbols or line from the center.

If you find some way around,

please also share, it will be a good learning

Regards

Nitin

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I think this cannot be achieved in QV.

But you can do somthing like this (Match the color of line and respected bar......)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

PFA

Its just a way to forcefully present but its not advised.

Regards

Nitin

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for that. I had already considered using 4 charts that overlapped each other but knew I would run into issues as some months would have no target data and could throw the charts out individually.

Open to suggestions for displaying the data differently too.

Not applicable
Author

Thankyou Arun. If I had the colours matching then it may get difficult to read as the lines/dots will appear to blend in with the bars.

gaddeonline
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Experts,

Did any one find the solution for this?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Mahesh Gadde