Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

upgrade from QV 9.0 to 9.0 SR1

Howdy,

It's me again, we have QV 9.0 and want to go to 9.0 SR1. (as reccomended by support for a problem we are having) We have the .exe file to install it and the first time it installed fine, I said to install it all and it worked great. It does not seem that it has actually done an upgrade. (Still shows old version numbers)

We have rebooted, and it still shows the old version numbers.

Is there somethign else we need to do to finish the upgrade? If I run the .exe again it asks if I want to modify or repair.... so it thinks it's installed.

What can I do to check?

Thanks again for all your support.

A very confused Moe.

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Moe,

The main version number hasn't changed (9.00), only the build number (9.00.7119.x to 9.00.7257.x). Go to Help > About QlikView...what does it say there?

Not applicable
Author

I am not at work now but it does say 9.00.7119 and not 72. (that's what I was looking for earlier)

Other then the .exe what else needs to be done?

Thanks

Moe

Not applicable
Author

Completely uninstall QlikView server from the Windows control panel, install QVS 9 SR1 and reboot, nothing else.

bye

Not applicable
Author

And when SR2 comes out this week, am I supposed to uninstall it again? That doesn't seem like the right answer to our problems.

My question remains, for those of you who the SR1 upgrade worked, did you only have to run the .exe file?

Our build number is: 9.0.7119.4 (on both servers)

Not applicable
Author

I have installed QlikView 9 SR1 without any problem. Before that I have had uninstalled the old version 8.5. As you said, it is not acceptable in your case.

Not applicable
Author

Janusz,

How big was the upgrade File? The one I downloaded seemed small 104MB and the install didn't seem to have all the options of the orginal install.

I wonder if I downloaded the right thing or upgraded the wrong product?

Thanks

Moe

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Server installation: QvsX64SetupRedist.exe (version 9 built 07257). Size: around 260 MB.

Desktop installation: QvX64SetupRedist.exe (version 9 built 07257). Size: around 100 MB.

Kind regards,

Janusz

Not applicable
Author

Hi There,

I'm about to run the upgrade from 9.0 to 9.0 Sr1 can anyone confrim if a complete uninstall is needed?

Many Thanks

Gez

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

A complete uninstall is generally specified in the QVS reference manual. I don't have the SR1 manual handy, check the instal section of that doc for instructions. It's probably as all the other releases have been, complete uninstall (including reboot) required.

-Rob