Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Serious v9 sp1 Scheduling Errors

Qvs 9 Distibution Service on Win2008 R2:

My Application log is full of the following errors and server performance is degraded due to the volume of this error. The Distribution server has been disabled until this is resolved and obviously its serious as scheduled loads are not happening.

Anyone seen it before and have a solution ? (I have multiple jobs scheduled for the same time but im assuming this isnt a problem for the Distribution service)

Colin

Exception=System.Exception: Could not create lock

at SolutionGlobal.ClusterFile.ClusterFileLock..ctor(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, String i_FileName, FileAccess i_FileAccess, Action`1 i_XmlWriterDelegate)

at SolutionGlobal.ClusterFile.CreateWriterLock()

at QDSMain.StandardEditionHelper.StandardScheduleListClustered.SyncTasksWithoutDocument(ILogBucket i_LogBucket)

at QDSMain.StandardEditionHelper.SyncTasksWithoutDocumentThread(ILogBucket i_LogBucket)

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

same problem here! Any solutions yet??

Not applicable
Author

not sure what fixed it in the end, but i made several changes.

I found a Tab in the enterprise console to increase the number of concurrent jobs.

I re- scheduled the job starts so they didnt overlap by setting the child job reloads to occur on completion of the primary job.

Since then ive also upgraded to v9, SR2 removing the beta.

I can now execute jobs in paralell again but as I say im not sure which of the above was the proper fix

ColinR

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the quick reply.

I will start by upgrading to SR2 and if the problems still occur i will try your other solutions.

regards,

youri